Youth Leader Recognition
Submit Award Applications to three people: The best way to submit an application is through email. Type/scan/email forms to the state facilitator with a cc to the current PA FCCLA Vice President of Recognition and the chapter adviser for that state officer.
1. Nadine Standley, FCCLA Facilitator: email@example.com
2. 2020-2021 Vice President of Recognition is Alexis Staggert, firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Alexis' Adviser is Mrs. Deb Waughen: email@example.com
If you cannot email the application, you may mail it to the state facilitator:
Nadine Standley, FCCLA Facilitator
PDE, BCTE, 11th Floor
333 Market Street, Harrisburg, PA 17126
Your members can receive national recognition by the adviser submitting their names on the national website. Go into your affiliation portal and click on the tab that says program awards. Then select Power of One. Click on the member's name and hit submit by March 1.
SLC RIBBONS ARE BACK!!
Do you love the name tag ribbons you get at the State Leadership Conference every year? Do you wish you could have the opportunity to earn more ribbons? Listed below are the many opportunities that you and your chapter members can earn more ribbons!
- Completing the State Membership Campaign
- Completing the State Outreach Project
- Competing as a STAR Events Participant
- Becoming a State Officer Candidate
- Being a Chapter Officer (Adviser submits this with SLC registration)
- Serving as a Voting Delegate during SLC (Adviser submits this with SLC registration)
- Completing and submitting a National Program application to Nationals (1 ribbon per National Program Application submitted to nationals)
- Completing all 5 Power of One units (see information above
Power of One
Power of One is a national and state recognition given for a member's work on individual goals and projects. Power of One is divided into five units. Each unit focuses on a different personal skill. Information about Power of One is found in the chapter national affiliation portal under resources. A member can earn the Power of One Award each year, but they would need to select new goals for each unit.
For state recognition, the Power of One Application form should be submitted after the completion of all five modules of Power of One. Deadline: January 15. The application can be downloaded from the link at the bottom of this page.
For national recognition, use the national affiliation portal, under Programs click on Power of One. Check your members' names and upload each member's Five Unit Recognition Application. Finally click submit. National deadline is March 1.
Chapter Member of the Year
Chapter members and the Chapter Adviser submit one member each year using criteria created by the chapter or by using the suggested criteria on the Chapter Member of the Year Submission attachment below. Your chapter nominee will receive state recognition at the State Leadership Conference. The selected member's name is submitted on the State Leadership Conference on-line registration. This is a great resume builder for that one member who has tirelessly contributed to your chapter goals.
Go For the Red Awards
Individual members have the opportunity to be awarded for recruiting three or more new members to FCCLA. If the applicant meets all qualifications and deadlines, he/she will receive a special Go For the Red t-shirt for his/her recruiting efforts. Deadline: April 1. Go For the Red