Caring Chapter Award Chapters can earn the “Caring Chapter Award” by completing 2 community service projects for our school or community. The awards is earned when at least 5 members participate in each project and you submit proof by posting your pictures to your social media with the hashtag #PAFCCLACARES or send proof to the Vice President of Recognition, Alexis Staggert and her adviser, at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline is February 1.
Pennsylvania FCCLA Outstanding Chapter Award
Submission Deadline: February 1
Pennsylvania Association of Family, Career and Community Leaders of America presents Outstanding Chapter awards to those chapters that plan and conduct well-balanced programs of work. This award provides an opportunity for chapters, through self-evaluation, to receive recognition and to highlight their chapter’s success. For purposes of this recognition program, the chapter year shall run from February 1 to February 1.
Outstanding FCCLA chapters are those which plan balanced programs of work that support the state and national FCCLA strategic plans by including the following areas:
- Chapter operations
- Regional, State and National involvement
- FCCLA Programs
- Public Relations
- Exceptional activities
Chapters should print the attached award checklist and record points in each section, then calculate the total number of points earned. The total number of possible points is 137.
Recognition will be assigned according to the points earned on the checklist:
o 80 points and above - Gold Outstanding Chapter
o 79 - 60 points - Silver Outstanding Chapter
o Above 50 points Outstanding Young Chapter (years 1 - 5)
Chapter Accomplishment Checklist:
• Answer each item. Check the appropriate chapter accomplishment within the award time frame.
• Do not mail anything to the state office; this recognition is only submitted digitally.
• Record the indicated points in the “Points Earned” column on the checklist. Calculate your totals.
To submit your Outstanding Chapter Award Application, be ready to fill out the entire form once you start. Use the attached checklist to collect your information. The electronic submission will automatically total your points for the VP of Recognition to evaluate your award submission. Submission form.
Social Media Award
Chapters can earn the “Social Media Award" by completing 4 or more of the 10 options below and submitting proof by posting your pictures to your social media with the hashtag #PAFCCLASOCIAL or send proof to the Vice President of Recognition, Alexis Staggert and her adviser, at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline is February 1.
- Post about your chapter “attending” regionals
- Make at least 2 posts in a month of your choice
- Make 3 different posts about fun activities that your chapter is participating in
- Have a post for each one of your chapter officers welcoming them into their position
- Have a post for your state officer in your chapter ( if you have one)
- Have a chapter group picture and include your adviser in one
- Post a picture of your members who received Power of One Recognition
- Have a post of members in each grade level
- Post your community service projects #PAFCCLACARES
- Show off your FCCLA pride by posting a picture of your chapter wearing FCCLA shirts
Go For the Red: Chapter Award
Chapters will be awarded Bronze, Silver, or Gold status for increasing membership by 10, 15, or 20 members as compared to last year. If the applicant meets all qualifications and deadlines, the chapter will receive an FCCLA banner to showcase their achievement. Deadline April 1. Go For the Red