Staying Current with Competitive Events
It is essential that Advisers and Chapter Members reference the most recently updated National FCCLA Competitive Events Guide to address questions and issues.
1. The Competitive Events Guide can be found in your chapter affiliation portal under the resources tab. If you have trouble finding it, contact the state facilitator.
2. Yearly information is posted on specific STAR Events. Participants need to check these resources on the national website.
3. If you have questions or concerns about STAR Events, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Attention STAR Events Participants
The STAR Events Project Summary Form must be included with all STAR Events (with the exception of Culinary Arts, Parliamentary Procedure and PA Specific STAR Events). Open the STAR Events Project Summary Form from the national STAR Events resource page, click here. Your project information may be used by FCCLA in communication with potential partners, FCCLA publications, and general use by FCCLA national headquarters, but personal information will not be included. Don't forget to print the proof of submission page at the end of the survey.
Important Updates for Pennsylvania:
2/14/17 - The Food and Beverage Menu is attached below.
2/1/17 - The PA Baking Skills & Techniques equipment list and recipes and Baking Update on Recipes and Equipment are attached below.
1/17/2017 - The PA Culinary Arts Recipes, PA Culinary Arts Notes, and PA Culinary Arts Equipment List are attached below. It is important for all chapters entered in PA Culinary Arts STAR Events to read both attachments.
12/18/2016 - The 2016 - 2017 State STAR Events Manual has been revised and is available on our state website.
1. The Interior Design Scenario is posted on the national website on the STAR Events Resource page.
2. Registration for On-Line STAR Events, Digital Stories for Change and FCCLA Chapter Website, opens. There is a $20 event registration fee. Advisers must register through the Affiliation Portal On-Line STAR Events Registration - Level 1 under Meetings and Events tab. The deadline to register is and projects must be ready for evaluation immediately after the deadline.
3. Reminder, Pastry Arts Cupcake Decorating will not be offered for the 2017 State Leadership Conference.
4. The Pastry Arts Baking Event is being revised. Look for the new event changes in the revised PA State STAR Events Manual.
11/4/2016 - The 2017 Menu Planning Event Themes are:
Junior - A French CafeSenior - A Mexican Fiesta
Occupational - A Taste of Italy
*Note - A 30 - 36" round table will be provided by the hotel for the presentations
Please don't hesitate to contact the national office at email@example.com with any questions about event criteria.
Questions about registration or logistics at the state level should be sent to your state facilitator.
Information for STAR Events Evaluators:
STAR EVENTS Frequently Asked Questions - Click here...